“Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua), and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: “Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.” Catechism of the Catholic Church
Baptisms are scheduled every Sunday at 2:30 PM.
* 1st, 2nd, and 4th Sundays in English; 3rd Sunday in Spanish.
*Please note: There are No Baptisms during Lent
First – Call to schedule an initial interview with a Priest.
Second – Submit a baptism form along with a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
Third – Attend a Baptismal Preparation Class.
Forth – Have your child baptized
If you live outside of our Parish borders and zones:
- You are required to ask permission from the Parish of your neighborhood or area allowing to be baptized at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church
*This letter is required when submitting an application for Baptism.
Baptismal Preparation Class:
- Parents and the (2) Primary Godparents are required to attend a Baptismal Preparation Class.
- We offer our class on the 1st Monday of the month at 7:00pm at our Jubilee Hall
- For Spanish: We offer our class every 2nd Monday of the month also at 7:00pm at our Jubilee Hall.
- If the Godparent(s) are unable to attend the Baptismal Preparation Class at our church, they may attend the class at another Church. They are required to submit a copy of their certificate stating they have attended the class.
*Please call the Parish Office ahead of time If you are planning to attend the class at (650) 755-9786.
One Godparent must be a baptized Roman Catholic who…
- Has received the sacraments of the Eucharist and Confirmation (fully initiated Catholic)
- Has completed their sixteenth year of age.
- Is registered in a Catholic Parish
- Is actively practicing their Catholic faith – weekly Mass attendance and reception of the sacraments.
- Is living an upright life
- Has not formally left the Catholic Church and joined another faith community
- Is not the child’s parent or guardian.
If you are an adult and are either thinking about becoming Catholic, or, simply want to learn what the Catholic Church teaches, please visit our RCIA page. We have a group which meets each Sunday afternoon at 3:00PM and you’re most welcome to join us.
I’m going to be a Godparent, may I attend your Baptismal Preparation Class?
Yes you may attend our Baptismal Preparation class If you need to show documentation for a baptism being held outside of our Parish. Please call our Parish Office and make sure to let us know that you will be attending so we can prepare your certificate.
I’ve already attended a Baptism Preparation Class, do I still need to attend?
A baptism preparation class certificate is only valid for 12 months, If you’ve attended the class more than a year ago, the certificate is no longer valid. You will have to attend another baptism preparation class.
To schedule a Baptism or for more information please contact our office at (650) 755-9786. You may also download a form below and submit it to our parish office.